27 Sep AJMF8 Commission for $1,800
As the South’s only year-round producer and promoter of Jewish music, AJMF holds a unique opportunity and responsibility to our community, particularly Southern Jewish musicians. We’ve proudly presented them on our stages for seven seasons and now that we’re more established, we’re deepening our investment in this community by launching an $1,800 commission for new Southern Jewish music to be premiered at AJMF8’s Spring Festival. The commissioned artist(s) will create at least 2 new songs to premiere at the event and with other musicians, entertain an audience for 75-90 minutes.
APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED AT info (at) atlantajmf (dot) org.
- The artist or a majority of the group must be self identifying Jews living in the South (Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, West Virginia).
- The performer(s) must be established musician(s) available for rehearsal early 2017 and performance mid March (March 9, 2017) in Atlanta, Georgia (Eddie’s Attic).
- In no more than 250 words, describe the new music you will create, its purpose and how you will premiere it. Be sure to include any potential collaborations.
- Outline a draft run of show that includes door time and set time(s).
- Also include an electronic press kit (EPK). If you do not have an EPK, share any recorded songs, videos and/or bio information.
- end Sept. 2016: AJMF announces commission
- Oct. 31, 2016: Application and EPK due to info (at) atlantajmf (dot) org
- Dec. 1, 2016: AJMF announces winning artist/group
- Dec. 31, 2016: Artist or group is contracted and $900 deposit made
- Jan & Feb, 2017: Performance, rehearsals, and event promotion
- March 9, 2017: New music premiere at AJMF8 Spring Festival.